GPHAP encourages collaboration between students and faculty interested in health administration and policy. To this end, GPHAP sponsors internships and research assistant positions for health-related research.
GPHAP provides funding for up to 100 hours per student per academic year. By providing funding for the initial work, it is hoped that GPHAP’s research assistant and internship program will connect students to faculty involved with health related activities and facilitate longer termed projects. This is a great opportunity to not only earn some extra money, but to:
- deepen student’s health care knowledge and skills;
- develop student’s understanding and skills in research methodology;
- establish relationships with faculty who may be outside student’s own program;
- fulfill the GPHAP practicum requirement; and
- strengthen student’s resume.
Each year new projects are identified. GPHAP students are eligible to apply for positions throughout the academic year until the budgeted stipends are all awarded.