Research Assistantships & Internships
GPHAP encourages collaboration between students and faculty interested in health administration and policy. To this end, GPHAP sponsors internships and research assistant positions for health-related research.
By providing funding for the initial work, it is hoped that GPHAP’s research assistant and internship program will connect students to faculty involved with health related activities and facilitate longer termed projects. This is a great opportunity to not only earn some extra money, but to:
- deepen student’s health care knowledge and skills;
- develop student’s understanding and skills in research methodology;
- establish relationships with faculty who may be outside student’s own program;
- fulfill the GPHAP practicum requirement; and
- strengthen student’s resume.
Each year new projects are identified. GPHAP students are eligible to apply for positions throughout the academic year until the budgeted stipends are all awarded.
Past Research Assistantships
- Racial Health Equity and the Allocation of COVID-19 Provider Relief Funds
- Public Insurance Coverage Policies and Opioid Use Disorder
- Advancing Health Equity (AHE): Leading Care, Payment, and Systems Transformation
- Comprehensive Care Program
- ISLEEP – Inpatient Sleep Loss: Educating and Empowering Patients
- Chicago Department of Public Health, Delegate Agencies Needs Assessment
- Support for the Chicago Center for HIV Elimination (CCHE)
- Improving statewide access to high-quality reproductive health care – Ci3 (Center for Interdisciplinary Inquiry and Innovation in Sexual and Reproductive Health)
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Internship
- Reducing Health Inequities in Chronic Disease Management in Primary Care
- Graduate Program in Health Administration and Policy (GPHAP) Communications
- Dental Care Research Study
- Coding case presentations and qualitative interviews to aid in the evaluation of ECHO-Chicago