The admissions objective of the Graduate Program in Health Administration and Policy is to identify and recruit well qualified candidates who are committed to pursuing careers in health care or health-related fields; and to foster a well-balanced, interdisciplinary GPHAP student body.
Who Can Apply?
We are looking to identify and recruit well-qualified candidates who are interested in pursuing careers in health care or health-related fields, and also participating in a well-balanced, interdisciplinary GPHAP student body. GPHAP candidates must:
- Be accepted at Booth, Harris, the Law School, Pritzker or the Crown Family School. Law students participate during the second and third years of their degree program. Pritzker students participate in the Global Health program during all four years of medical school.
- Have an interest in gaining interdisciplinary skills, working on diverse teams, and making an impact in the health care field.
- Have the ability to meet academic, co-curricular, and field experience requirements.
The application deadline for master’s degree students entering in the Fall of 2021 is September 7, 2021. Please indicate your interest in either the Certificate in Health Administration and Policy (U.S. Health Care System) or the Certificate in Health Administration and Policy with a Concentration in Global Health.
For Crown Family School students, GPHAP is a Program of Study and is the only Program of Study that has a September application deadline.
Applications received by the deadline will be notified mid to late September. The program is usually full after this first round of applications. Applications received after the deadline will be considered, as space permits.
Pritzker students apply for the global health program in their first year of medical school. The due date for applications will be in February 2021. Currently, only the global health track is open to Pritzker students, unless they are in one of the joint degree programs (MD/MBA or MD/MPP), in which case the U.S.-focused track is an option. Pritzker Students: To apply to GPHAP, click here.
All other students: Applications will be accepted in the Summer of 2021 for Fall start date.
- Completed application,
- Resume or curriculum vita, and
- Personal statement, 2-3 pages in length, describing: a) past experience in the health care field, b) areas of interest in health care, including future goals, and c) how GPHAP will help the applicant to achieve his or her goals.
GPHAP made me more aware of a different mode of thinking. It gave me a broader perspective.